Sunday, March 20, 2011

Teriyaki Stir-Fry

This is such a great thing to throw together for dinner, you can make it as simple or as elaborate as you want and it will still taste amazing. If you want a quick dinner you can always get the pre-made sauce from the store, but I recommend making your own. As I am always trying to make my own sauce now, Everything tastes better home made. So give this a try, its very good.


Teriyaki Sauce

1/3 cup tamari
1/4 cup water 
3 tbs agave nectar
2 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs toasted sesame oil
1 tbs molasses
6 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 tbs ginger, minced
1 1/2 tbs arrowroot powder

Stir-Fry

1 tbs oil
Vegetables of your choice, I used a bag of frozen mixed veggies
tofu, drained, pressed, cubed, and cooked. I fried mine
cashews, sesame seeds, bean sprouts, etc.
Cooked rice or Soba noodles.  


Prepare your sauce, add ingredients into a bowl and mix well. In a skillet heat oil and add your veggies, cook until tender, add your prepared tofu and cashews heat thoroughly. Add the sauce and the cooked noodles (if using noodles) and stir-fry using thongs or chopsticks. Toss with bean sprouts and sesame seeds. If using rice serve over cooked rice. This recipe if very versatile, this is my favorite way of making it.  

 

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried agave or molasses in a stir-fry, but it sounds pretty rad. I recently saw some ginger pumpkin buckwheat noodles (that got bonus points w/ me for being gluten free) and veggies done up this way would be a perfect match with those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome! Teriyaki is basically a sweet and salty sauce, you can get creative with it and use any sweetener/salty ingredient. The key is in maintaining the right balance.

    ReplyDelete